Secondly, it's almost fall! I think fall is my favorite time of year...it's close rival is Spring. But, I just love the cooler weather, the change of colors, and for some reason, it makes me super nostalgic. You can imagine that at 7 months pregnant, I'm really looking forward to fall this year...the temperature drops and my baby is due! An exciting time...
With the cooler weather, it also means a break from back-breaking yard work. We've had so much rain this season and with the rain comes lots and lots of weeds. Seems like the monsoons are hanging on quite a bit longer this year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining...I love the cooler temperatures the rain brings and the smell of rain on the desert. But, when your hubby is so busy that he can't really help with the yard work...well, it gets tiresome. In only a few more weeks, the weeds will slow down and that means that I can too, a little bit, anyway. I spent about 6 hours last week pulling weeds, weed-eating, and mowing the side of the mountain we live on. PHEW!! Funny thing was, I didn't realize that my pooch had caused my pants to slip down a little and the tail of my shirt to come up in the back. I had about a 6 inch long by 2 inch wide sunburn right on my waist band. OUCH! Very sensitive area! And, it was a REALLY bad burn since it was exposed for about three hours that day without me knowing...lets just say that's probably the first time that area ever even saw sun!
Thirdly, Brian has officially taken part 2 of the CPA exam and will take part three at the end of this month. We will get his scores in August. If all goes well, he will take the final exam before the baby comes in October and then we'll be done with the testing! This will be a great day! Brian has been so diligent with his studying...I'm proud of him, but I'm ready to have my husband again!
And lastly, isn't everyone getting excited for this year's election?!?! Okay, I know the candidates might not spark the greatest excitement in all of us, but there are some really important issues on the ballot this year. So, don't miss out! Get registered. And, for all you Arizonans, I STRONGLY recommend that you check out this website. It's all about the marriage amendment on our ballot this year. A similar amendment was on the ballot in the state of California and the Church actually wrote a letter to the members to be read in Sacrament meeting encouraging them to support this amendment. I've yet to hear if a similar letter will be coming to AZ, but I do know that local leaders are strongly encouraging us to get involved. It's really simple...get out and contribute. If you can't contribute monetarily, then consider giving your time...calling people, setting up signs, registering people to vote, passing out flyers, and just opening your mouths! Okay, so I just wanted you to be informed about that issue. But, what I really wanted you to see/know is my enthusiasm for this guy below! Okay, so not really...but Brian got me this shirt as an early, gag b-day present and we thought we'd have a little fun with it. I can't wait to wear it in La Jolla in a few weeks!
And, this pic is just because I still CAN! We'll have to try again in a few weeks!

13 comments:
You look great!! I was just thinking about you today and wondering how your pregnancy was going. Thanks for the update.
FYI -- the link to the Proposition website didn't work. But I do need to read up on all that stuff. Thanks for the reminder.
Ha ha. I got the same sunburn from gardening earlier this summer, and I don't even have the excuse of being pregnant! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and with the baby:)
You look wonderful! I can't remember if I could touch my toes...
And I am not so thrilled about our presidential election this year, who to vote for when neiter inspires me? Still working on that, thoguh if I had a Mickey Obama shirt I may be swayed...hmmm.
Oops...sorry, I think I have the link fixed now!
Look at you touching your toes! You look great! I'm glad everything is going well.
You look wonderful! Glad to hear things things are going great. We need to get together now that we are here for good!
Jet you are looking amazing! You are one swell lady! I can't believe you're still doing all that yard work! I miss fall.....
Hey, cousin! I echo everyone else's comments...you look great! You're going to be a cute mom! Thanks for the pictures and the updates!
Of all the things you wrote - thanks for all of it. But I just wanted to tell you I'm sitting here all emotional. Can hardly wait for our baby. Haven't got to see you in a long time and haven't seen "our baby" since he was just a little pooch, and look at him now....you look great and I can hardly wait. Just love you 2.5 Skinnys. If you get lonely come visit me! Love, MOM
Hey, I forgot to tell you when I saw you how CUTE you are pregnant!! I thought it many times, and I mentioned it to other people, but I figured the most important person who needs to hear that is you!! So, in case you didn't already know, you are one DANG CUTE pregnant woman!! Love you cuz!!
The kids sure loved having you here for a few days last week. We love and appreciate Bri for sharing you! Love the pics of your expanding tummy. You're a beautiful pregnant woman!:)
Yeah finally some pictures of your cute belly! You look amazing! I can't believe you were mowing up your hill 7 months pregnant! You are a trooper! Good luck....It is so uncomfortable to sleep. I am getting baby hungry?
DUDE....THAT IS AWESOME THAT YOU CAN STILL BEND OVER! THANKS FOR POSTING MORE PREGO PICTURES! MAN THE TIME FLIES....YOUR NEXT POST WILL BE PIC'S OF THE BABE!
Post a Comment