Saturday, February 5, 2011
I'm sure it wasn't pretty...
...but I did it anyway. At 31.5 weeks along, I ran in a 2 mile race this last weekend and still finished in a decent amount of time--00:20:20. I actually still feel okay while I'm running. It's just the after effects that are causing me to wonder if it's still worth it or not (sore hips, pelvis, etc). So, with about 7.5 weeks left to go, I think I'll be spending my cardio time on the bike, treadmill and elliptical from now on. Heck...just about anything I do these days is considered cardio since it doesn't take much to get this heart a-pumpin' and these lungs a-huffin'.
I've decided that if you ever need a dose of humility or maybe you just enjoy feeling self-conscious every now and then, you should try taking your 8-months pregnant body to the gym. Weight-lifting and running tend to get the most looks in my direction and I can't decide if people are in awe or are just plain disgusted. I have a feeling it's the latter. Actually, most people just look puzzled; as if to say, "Um...should you still be doing that?" I've only had two people actually say something to me and both were positive, so that's a plus. We all know that when it comes to pregnancy and child-rearing there always seems to be a plethora of free advice floating around--solicited or not, here it comes.
Time is winding down and, as always, there is much to accomplish. Among that list is getting the boys bedroom painted. (GASP!! Yes, my "baby" will be two-and-a-half in April and his nursery still isn't done. What can I say?) We just purchased some bunk beds and they should be arriving in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, painting and a thorough carpet cleaning is in order--guess I better get serious about picking out some paint colors. And how much of a deal would it be if the crib bedding doesn't match the bunk bedding and/or paint? A big deal? Who cares? How come no one wants to give free advice about that kind of baby stuff? Any of my crafty, creative friends or family out there want to volunteer their expertise?
Well...this entry is getting long-winded enough and none of the items on my to-do list are getting crossed off the longer I sit...darn it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Go you! I think that is an amazing feat and was thinking of you as I was (ahem) walking the kids to the store. I need to get running again and hope to do so while preggo, at least for a little while, almost 32 weeks is quite a big deal in my eyes!
I think it isn't that big of a deal if the bedding doesn't match, same family of colors? Ah, who cares? It won't be long term...
Janette~ wow, amazing!! I am sure the looks from fellow gym-goes are that they're just amazed. Do tell~ how do you keep from peeing yourself while running when you're that far along?! (Can ya tell whom I related to?)
As far as matching bedding, if you're that concerned, you can get away with the similar colors, as Heather suggested. That's what we did with our girls, and I liked it better than being matchy-matchy.
Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well for you!
You are amazing! I had to quit running at like 20 weeks when I was coaching Tanner's soccer team because of 'bladder control issues'. That's probably tmi, but I'm just so impressed with you!
Glad you're still feeling good. We're coming down to the final stretch :)
I could help out with some sewing! Let me know if you need anything made, I would be more than happy to help with something.
Post a Comment