Friday, February 1, 2008

Running for a Cause










El Paso Marathon and Half Marathon
Tarahumara Indian

Run right along the US/Mexico border at the 2nd annual Michelob Ultra El Paso Marathon and Half Marathon. Experience the fabulous flavors and culture of our unique community.



Run with the barefoot Tarahumara Indians in the hometown of famous Spira wavespring shoes. Beer and burritos at the finish!




I frequently receive emails about upcoming races from active.com. This is one that I received today. The advertising, combined with the location of the race, raised a little concern. Call me suspicious, but...hmmmm...a gentleman of ethnicity sprinting along the border...not your typical marathon apparel...big smile on face...FREEDOM!!!

Are you sure you're really in this race buddy? Could you be running for another cause? And where are your pants? Did they get hung up on the barbwire fence?
Could this possibly be an "outreach" effort by McCain?
And who really wants beer and burritos right after a marathon? YUCK!

(In no way, shape, or form was this post to convey racism. I just couldn't stop chuckling when I saw it, so I thought I'd pass it along. I am definitely pro LEGAL immigration!!)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Nice one. At first I was thinking you were going to commit to the race but I was even more entertained with your "running" commentary. Amen and Amen to your political comments.