Wednesday, February 20, 2008
"Oh, we have one of those?"
As Brian and I were on our way home from work last Friday, traffic came to a quick stop on I-10, just before Benson. It was a really rainy day, and quite cold out, so we had suspected some sort of accident. It was dark and hard to see, but I rolled down my window and realized that it was snowing pretty good and the sides of the roads were covered in snow! Something you don't see everyday in southern AZ. As traffic continued to move slowly, I noticed some flashing yellow lights ahead, signaling the work of ADOT. Low and behold, it was one of those machines that they use to de-ice the roads. (Forgive me for not knowing the correct snow-machine lingo...I'm a desert rat!) I turned to Brian and said, "Where do you think they had to borrow that from?!?!" I've never seen one of those in southern AZ before! But, I was thankful they were there because it was pretty bad and I am sure those ADOT workers were having a blast! We took these pics the next morning on our way back up to Tucson. The Sun had already melted some of the snow, but you can still get the idea!
Now I took this at 75mph, but you can see how the snow machine pushed to snow to the side of the road.
This picture is great of the snow-capped mountains! Check out those clouds. It reminds of me a card that one of my primary girls gave me this last week. It said, "Sister Skinner, through clouds of rain, you will always be my best friend." We've got a young Shakespeare on our hands! Ha ha! It was cute though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Probably global warming.
Nice snow! Crazy to see it way down south too.
Thanks for your comments, I absolutely agree with the talk and the need to choose the best. I also hear ya with the whole we've been married x years and no kids so all we do is WORK! Time to re-evaluate. I always have said that if I didn't do hygiene I would do nursing and it would be som much better, blah, blah, blah, but I know each field has its perks and downers. Good luck with work and mastering your time.
JANETTE! Hey girl how are you? I saw your blog on Heathers....and I couldn't believe it! I was so excited! I think the last time I saw you was Brianna's wedding? Yeah, now she has 2 kids! Anyhow, keep in touch! coltonandashley.blogspot.com
he he what a cute post of AZ snow. I bet you could almost make a snowy gravel snowman. I miss Arizona right now. I'm ready for SPRING!
Post a Comment