Does anyone remember what life was like before google?!?! How miserable we must have been! How did we even live? We had to look stuff up in the phone book and suffer through the awful yellow pages...just hoping you searched under the right category. Google is a life saver...and a time saver! I've come to realize this more in the last few weeks as we have suffered through some computer/internet problems and I have felt out of touch with the world! I seriously can't imagine my life before google.
My latest, and quite possibly my favorite, google find is google reader! This handy little tool has saved me loads of time...especially when it comes to blogging. I'm sure we've all experienced how time can slip away from us as we check one another's blogs. And, if you happen to have quite the list of blogger contacts, the time spent can feel like time wasted when you find that hardly any of your contacts have updated! Oh, the disappointment! And google reader is here to rescue us! All you have to do is have a google user name and password. Then you can personalize your reader page and link it to your frequently viewed websites and reader simply tells you which sites have been updated since you last visited! And viola! There you have it...right at your fingertips are the updated blogs and it saves you from having to scroll through each contact to find the goodies! Seriously, can't tell you how much time this has saved! I love it! So, I thought I would pass on the info to all you bloggers out there...if you didn't know already...and hope you'll find it as handy as I have!
PS I do have a few disclaimers. It seems you have to check the private blogs separately still...since you aren't signed in, you can't read those blogs. Bummer! Also, it doesn't appear that you can make comments from reader, so, if you want to comment, you have to go to the actual blog. Not too big of a deal, but thought I would throw it out there!
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm going to have to try that Miss smarty pants pants! I miss your silly personality JET JET!
Thanks for the tip. I always wondered if there was a way to get emailed when someone updated-so this is good.
Also, I know this is annoying...I'm tagging you. Sorry! Check my blog for info. I know you're a nice person who'll forgive me, so that's why I chose you, Janette!
Ok so i heard about this and tried to sign up or whatever..I must be dumb cuz I can't figure it out. I'll have to try it again.
Post a Comment