Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Miracle Maker

Ever heard of a miracle blanket? Well, I hadn't either until my cousin, Diana, introduced me to it. Basically, it's a straight jacket inside a blanket...and while it seems cruel, our baby loves it! It helps him sleep more restfully as it won't allow the uncontrolled, jarring motions that frequently startle newborns awake. It keeps him swaddled tightly and very rarely does our little Houdini get out of it...unlike before with the standard receiving blanket. Someday I'll have to post a video of us putting him in this thing...it's pretty funny to watch, but he loves it. And his mom and dad aren't complaining about the eight hour stretch of sleep their getting either!



Gettin' ready for bed...





Snug as a bug!

8 comments:

Heather C. said...

Yes, the miracle blanket saved our lives. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it sooner (I could have given you hours of extra sleep, weeks/months ago). Sadie was an impossible sleeper until we found the miracle blanket. It is one of my favorite products EVER.

Candace said...

So it's called "The Miracle Blanket"? I'm on the look out for good swaddling blankets for our next baby (no, not an announcement! :) 'cause, like you said, regular receiving blankets don't do the trick!

GOOD JOB, MCRAE! 8 hours is awesome!

Dan and Louise said...

I'm a witness to it's wonder... er, miracle. I love that right after you put him in it, he gets so sleepy. What a sweet boy!!

Jamie said...

I am a HUGE swaddling fan! I swear by it. If you haven't seen the dvd "happiest baby on the block" you should totally check it out. It actually gives you a great technique for using a regular blanket. I have a copy. If you haven't watched it let's get together and I'll show it to you. Let's get together even if you have seen it. I want to see that adorable boy in person finally!

Stephanie said...

My boys loved them. They loved to be swaddled!

Cassie said...

Okay, so let me know where you got one of those blankets. I could really use one for my next little one!

Jamie Sue said...

The recipe us up!!

Danielle said...

I need one of those...for myself :O) Looks comfy!

What a cute little guy. We sure miss you guys and can't wait to have you back in good ole' Tucson!