Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oh yeah! I have a blog!

So it's been a little while since I've visited my blog. I'm blowing dust off of my dashboard page as we speak. Rather than update with the nitty-gritties, I am feeling a bullet list comin' on. Some highlights over the past few months...
  • Brian passed all of his CPA exams!!! WOO-HOO! Can't include enough exclamation points for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're excited...can you tell? Just finishing up some extra credits now and he should be licensed by end of the year.
  • McRae mastered crawling
  • I've logged more miles than I care to while training for the marathon
  • McRae sprouted two more teeth and is working on #5 and 6
  • Not only has that little booger mastered crawling, but he's taken his first few steps.
  • My little brother and SIL had their baby--making four boys in 18 months for our family...so fun!
  • I'm still running...will that blasted marathon get here already so I can be done?
  • Why did the first 10 months of my son's life go so much faster than the 9 months it took to get him here?
  • I got called to be YW President...still trying to figure out how I feel about it. Afraid...mostly afraid. Oh, and a healthy dose of inadequacy too, I suppose.
  • A few fun trips, some great books read and lots of time together...sounds just about right!
  • Oh, and did I mention that I've been running? (Can you sense that I'm spending quite a bit of time in this area right now?)
Any questions?

13 comments:

Heather said...

Well big congrats are in order for Brian! That is awesome and I am sure a huge weight has been lifted off the Skinner Family. You rock for running, good luck with the marathon! And YW's...time will take care of everything, soon you will be a pro, confident and sure with the Spirit guiding you and all will be well.

Angela said...

Wow, congrats Brian, that's quite an accomplishment!! And you for all that running, when is your marathon? BTW, where the heck are your pictures, you can't post after 2 months and not include any pictures of the cute baby. It's good to see you are still alive out there. We really need to get together, especially before I move across country.

manda carol said...

Sounds like a busy time for you guys. Congrats to Brian, that's awesome! Yay for McRea and walking, I agree we need pictures of that little guy. I'm sure you're an amazing YW pres. Those girls will grow to love you and you'll love them too. I think you're crazy for all that running but good for you! :)

Dan and Louise said...

I can't tell you how many times I've looked for an update. Great post - so much going on! I can't believe how big McRae is already. We're so excited for Brian, what an accomplishment!

Dan and Louise said...

duh! I can't forget to mention all the RUNNING. You go girl!

Heather C. said...

Congrats Brian!

Janette I thoroughly enjoyed the update. I heard about your calling. You will be awesome at it. Those women are lucky!

We miss you all. Can't believe McRae is starting to walk. Pictures, next time.

Good luck on running your marathon. When is it?

The Gooding Family said...

I am glad to see you didn't abandon your blog! Congratulations to Brian for passing all of his tests! Way to go Janette, training for your marathon (when and where is it?). Wow, McRae's already taking steps?! No way. He should still be like 4 months old. How did that happen so fast? Thanks for the update, it was good to catch up.

The Gooding Family said...

I forgot to mention YW Pres.~ you will do great. You're a natural leader and you have a testimony. The girls will learn a lot from you, and you from them. Have fun ~I loved serving the young women!

Jamie Sue said...

Yay for you FINALLY updating your blog! I've missed you. :D Sounds like you guys are doing well. Now, please don't let it be so long before you post again! Love ya!

Candace said...

HURRAY for a Janette post!

McRae is 10 MONTHS???! Crazy. I'd love to see an updated pic too!

AND congrats times a million to Brian!! What a relief.

I think I would have your same feelings if I was called to be a YW Pres....BUT I agree with everyone else: You will be a GREAT leader for your girls. I know you'll be guided and your talents will be magnified as you do your best and leave the rest up to the Lord.

WAY TO GO with all the running! Do some extra running for me! I don't think I could ever like running enough to train for a marathon; you ROCK.

Heather K said...

WOW! You made me tired reading this blog! Lots of cool stuff happening at your house! GO CPA Brian!!!! Running sounds brutal. I also want to see a picture of Mcrae! I was just talking to Heidy and we were saying how awesome fun you are and also what a testimony you have. So the Young Women will be so lucky to have you! Plus you are a workaholic and will be able to handle it! Love YA!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad to see that you remembered you have a blog! I missed you! Good luck with the Marathon and YW's! And congratulations on all the rest!

Kimberly said...

It's a good thing you did the bullet list! Congrats to you and your hubby! It is always nice when hard work pays off. How fun that McRae has taken his first steps! Isn't he a little young for that? :p And as if McRae alone isn't keeping you busy--marathon training and YW pres. just to top it off! You're a rockstar! You'll be an awesome YW pres. Those girls are lucky.