I was just thinking that I've had a blog now for a little over two years. The other day, I happened to notice that my last post was #99. So, that averages out to about 50 posts a year, or one a week...not too bad when looked at in that perspective. However, that doesn't really tell the whole truth. I've been pretty wretched about my blog as of late. I had a friend comment to me a month or so ago, "We used to get all of these really insightful, thought provoking posts, and now we get a lot of pictures of your baby." The comment was made in jest and we both had a good laugh. I mostly laughed because I can't remember
ever having an
insightful or thought provoking blog--more like opinionated and informative (with regards to our day-to-day lives). Before I had McRae, I didn't ever want my blog to turn into the dreaded "mommy blog". I wanted it to be an interesting piece of preserved history and memories--for both myself and for those who may stumble across the page. I wanted it to show that I maintained opinions and personality amidst the daily tasks of motherhood. Well, at the risk of sounding incredibly cliche, I have to say that my eyes have been opened to an entire new world. What could possibly be more important or interesting than
my child? And who doesn't want to see a gob of pictures of him? My first post back from hiatus was pelted with comments along the lines of "Hey where are the pictures of your baby, already?" Which, of course, made my heart swell with pride! ("They like him! They
really do! He
is interesting!") So, I guess the whole point of this rant is this--I'm still a woman with plenty of opinions and personality, whose perspectives and priorities have been illuminated, blessed and adjusted by the gift of motherhood. I appreciate mommy blogs now more than ever...because it gives me a glimpse of what to look forward to and mostly, I find some great resources from which to learn. So, for my 100th post, I can't think of anything more grand than showing you this sweet, baby face a few different times!
The proverbial "fell asleep in high chair shot"
This kid has had abs of steel from the beginning. He could basically do a full sit up since he was 4 months old. Now, Brian likes to play this game with him where he tries to get McRae to fall off balance by turning him to the side, front and back. His core strength is pretty impressive to watch as he holds himself up parallel to the floor in all directions. Below is a video to get a better idea.
Brian usually does this much faster, but for video purposes, he went slow so I could catch some of McRae's facial expressions. What makes it even more amazing when it's faster is that it is usually accompanied by a hearty belly laugh...and he still maintains his posture!
11 comments:
Why am I not surprised at that video of McRae. Of course he's strong, he's your son! Just so you know, I gave up on arm wrestling, when you were 4 and I was 7 and you beat me. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have let that stop me, cause you're amazing!!! But yeah, it's pretty much your fault, haha! And now my request for you next post: an up close picture of McRae's adorable face. :D
Can't think of a better subject to post about for your 100th post. What a CUTE boy! Give him some squeezes for me.
that video is too funny! and mcrae is SUCH a little cutie!!! seriously, too cute!
Amazing how such a little person can put a whole new light on life??! Great post.
SWEET, sweet boy! Amazing, what he can do with his abs already!
Love the post and HOLY COW he is getting so big and so stinkin cute! Hope all is well!
What a fun post this was for us. Looking forward to some hugs / kisses when we get back.
Lol! LOVE that video! He is SUPER strong. That's funny you didn't want your blog to turn into a mommy blog! That's why I started a blog! (and i don't even blog...i mainly just post pics of kate for friends and family!) :/ But I love your blog and, I enjoy updated pics of McRae. He is so dang cute!
And of course, if you're in the neighborhood you should stop by!
He he fun post! It is no suprise your baby is buff!
Oh my gosh he is so cute! And so big!!!!!!
Your boy is sooooooo cute. I haven't been on blogger for awhile and just saw your ankle. I guess you aren't doing the v-ball tourney this year. Me neither, but I'll miss playing with you and Amos.
Post a Comment