Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Country Bumpkin

In March, I got a new job that's closer to my home town. There are lots of perks of working in a small town hospital, but the biggest perk is that McRae has the best babysitters he could ask for when I work--Mima and Papa! McRae has always loved to be outdoors and especially loves animals. His visits to my hometown are much anticipated because he gets a lot of both of those--perfect! On one occassion (in April), we visited my grandpa's farm to allow McRae the opportunity to visit some animals he'd only seen in books. He was a little timid at first, but then the excitement just took over.

Mutton-bustin' with Mima
He wasn't too sure about these pigs at first....





McRae Lane--The McRae's were some of the first settlers of my hometown.  I wanted McRae to have a picture with this street sign for posterity's sake.
And right here on the corner of McRae lane is a new LDS chapel being built!  Very exciting for this little town.  Their current building is very old and the three wards are bursting at the seams.  I'm sure there has been a lot of progress since I snapped this picture.

5 comments:

Heather said...

You look beautiful and McRae is getting too darn big. How nice that you have your parent's as the best babysitters ever~ are you working in Benson now?

Do you know what they are doing with the old church building, please don't say knock it down...

Heather C. said...

Are you moving or just commuting?

TGS said...

Love the goat shot! and yes, the church looks done, just moving in furniture I believe. can't wait to see it and see everyone's faces in a new building.

Dan and Louise said...

He's a cute country bumpkin. Wow! I'm excited to see the new building in person.

Laurie said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday, and I couldn't think of any other way of doing it! Happy Birthday Jet! -Laurie

Your little boy is so big and cute!!!