but, I'd rather just be comfortable. Let me explain.
Twice in the last month, my sweet husband has informed me that my outfit of choice for the day is a little "frumpy". I guess a lot of women would probably take offense to a comment like that--especially last-stage-of-pregnancy women--but it didn't offend me at all. What it did was catch me completely off guard. You see, my husband doesn't really ever make wardrobe comments--for better or for worse. But if he starts speaking up, then I figure that I should definitely give some credit to his sentiments. And under normal circumstances, I would be grateful for his honesty. Well, I guess I am grateful for his honesty now too, it's just that I don't really care enough to do much about it. On one of those two occasions, I simply pulled the pregnancy-frump card (a.k.a. "I don't really care what I look like this just feels sooooo comfy"). But on the other occasion--for his sake--I chose to spare him the embarrassment. Now, if that isn't true love, I don't know what is.
Phew...just under 4 weeks left. But I'll probably still be looking quite frumpy for much longer than that...and I'm really just gonna try and be okay with that this time around. It's easier on everyone that way...trust me.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am "Queen Frumpy" these days..Just come over to see me & you'll feel so much better.
Thanks for the laugh!
Can't wait to go get on my comfy clothes for the night..
Oh man. Comfy surely trumps style when you are this close. I am only 10 weeks and I am already busting out the frumpy/comfy clothes when I am home.
It is hard to get away from frumpy when comfort is so, well comfortable. I can't believe you're so close to having this baby!
Post a Comment