- The addition of John Michael of course!
- Celebrating 7 years of marriage. Our celebration was really simple since we had a two-week old at the time. We stayed home and had a family birthday party--complete with cake and ice cream. We sang happy birthday to our family and enjoyed a catered dinner (courtesy of Mima and Papa stopping in with some take-out Chinese...yum!) We didn't exchange gifts though, because we actually got our anniversary gift two days earlier.
- Our gift? Well...we traded this....
A 1993 Honda Accord
for this...
- It took about 6 months to convince myself that I wanted a minivan. But I finally decided that I think I'm past the stage where I sacrifice comfort or practicality for vanity. Nope--no vanity or shame here. Just a highly satisfied, grocery-gettin' driver. We're not trying to be cool and it serves it's purpose beyond measure! We also sold our Honda Accord on our anniversary. And maybe it was because I just had a baby and postpartum hormones are a little wacky, but it was actually kind of sad to see it go. I had that car for just shy of 11 years. I bought it right out of high school with 100K miles on it. I thought for sure it would only get me through college and then I would get something else. Well 7 years later, that car was still as reliable as ever. Sure it had a few cosmetic blemishes and the power steering and windows were hit and miss, but that baby had 260K on her and she wasn't about to quit. I thought for sure no one would be interested in buying the car but within 10 minutes of posting it on Craigslist, our phone was ringing non-stop. I almost shed a tear as I watched her drive away being smoked in.
- After almost two years of having the CPA exams completed, we learned that Brian is an official CPA! I'm so proud of him and this accomplishment. It was no easy task and I admire his dedication to accomplishing this goal. I'm sure it will bring many blessings to our family for years to come.


1 comment:
What do you mean mini-vans aren't cool?!! I feel waaay cooler driving my minivan than any SUV driver. Especially when I think about how much happier my back is. :)
Isn't it funny how attached we can get to our cars? When I saw my Honda Accord Wagon in my parent's back yard all in pieces...it made me sad, too!
Post a Comment