Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dear John...

Today we celebrate one month of life with you.  Has it really already been a month?  Is it really almost time for me to get back to life as we know it?  No matter how badly I wish to could just sit and keep all to ourselves for months on end, it just can't be.  But, I want you to know that I have truly enjoyed this time of self-imposed house arrest with you.  Your brother, on the other hand, has mostly managed but I can tell that he is starting to suffer from the lack of a social life.  I guess you and I just don't cut it after a month.  That being said, he loves you so dearly and is very sweet with you.  Recently, he's felt a little more comfortable with how "rough" he can be with you.  Let's just say his tickles are more like vice grips on your feet and hands.  He just can't get enough of you, though.  Truth be told, neither can I.  Next to your parents, he is definitely your biggest fan.  He's been asking you several times a day to "f-mile" (smile) for him since you started smiling a few days ago.  Your smiles are still pretty hit and miss and I don't think he's ever actually seen one, but he cheers and claps for you all the same.  You are so loved! 

Your disposition remains as sweet as ever.  You just seem so calm; like nothing ever phases you.  You love your sleep and seem to sleep more than your brother did, but then again, it's hard to remember.  Last night you decided to bless your parents with a 5 hour stretch of sleep.  And then you threw a cherry on top with the 4 hour stretch that followed.  Seriously?  Bless your soul!  Maybe it was your way of celebrating your first month of life?

I celebrated by making cinnamon rolls for the first time ever.  What can I say?  They weren't the best that I've ever had, but it's hard to go wrong with that much butter and sugar.  Anyway, in a few more hours you'll get to see for yourself.  :)  I guess I should probably look for healthier modes of celebration huh?  Now that it's been a month, I should probably start thinking about shedding some of these extra pounds that came along with you.  And just so we're absolutely clear...you are worth every single one of them.  (Yes...all 48 of them!)  So...I'm in no hurry.  I just said maybe I should start thinking about it.  In the meantime, I'm just going to continue enjoying every moment I have with you and thanking Heavenly Father daily for the gift of being your mother.

XOXO,

Momma 

3 comments:

Heather said...

Now that is the sweetest "Dear John" letter I've ever read! I hate how fast the time goes when they are so little and soon we will be reading a one year post for Mr. John. How about some recent pics of your two handsome little men? Glad to read you are well and everyone has adjusted fabulously.

AZ Wrights said...

We love little BJ! Can't wait to spend more time with him. See you on Mother's Day!!!

Becca LeSueur said...

Love your post Jet. You're an amazing mom with a great ability to LOVE those little ones. Can't wait to see little John's budding personality!