Monday, May 23, 2011

Blessed

Mother's Day was especially tender this year as we blessed John that day.  We gathered at my sister's house for the blessing and enjoyed a nice dinner prepared by our husbands shortly after.  It was a wonderful day filled with family (and especially the mothers) whom I admire and love the most.  I couldn't help my heart from overflowing with gratitude for the gift of being a woman and for the divine gift of motherhood that is given to us all--whether we have children or not.  We are all able to mother and nurture the rising generation. 

I am incredibly grateful for the two special boys who have stretched me beyond belief and helped me to take some giant steps towards becoming the person I'm meant to be.  I love who they are helping me to become and I hope they will always know how much I love and adore them.

 Anyway...on with the pictures.  As I've sorted through the photos of that day, I could kick myself for not getting a picture of John by himself in his blessing outfit.  I also didn't get a picture with McRae that day as he was sleeping during the blessing and while the camera was out.  Shucks!

 The handsome Priesthood holders who stood in the circle that day to give our sweet boy a name and a blessing.  Check out the little halo directly over our angel's head in this picture.

 With Nana and Papa

 With Mima and Papa

 Proud parents

 Happy Momma

 With cousin Maren, who is just shy of three weeks older than John.  I think he's already bigger than her!

And here's a pic of them when John was just 4 days old.  He caught up quickly!

5 comments:

Heather C. said...

Are these pictures taken at your house? I don't recognize it...but maybe you've done a lot of home improvements since last I was there.

Brian and Janette said...

No. We were at my sister's house.

Christina LeSueur said...

We didn't take any pictures after James was blessed. Argh! Uh-well. What can you do!? He is sure a sweet boy and I'm glad he is a part of the family!

Heather said...

Congrats! Such a wonderful special day. He is beautiful, as are you and your sweet family.

Anonymous said...

Great blog!!!
i really like the pictures and you are very lucky to have your baby on Mothers day

merino outlast blanket