All the kiddos at the starting line
Early in November, our good friends hosted a kid's 1-mile fun run. It was basically a loop around our neighborhood. A lot of the children in our ward have seen their parents in some sort of race and have wanted to be in one themselves. So, our friends had the genius idea of creating a race for their kids to do and they invited others to join in on the fun. I can't tell you how proud I am of McRae. He ran a mile! I mean...he really RAN a mile! I carried him for about 50 yards on two different occasions, but that was it! Seriously. He would then tell me, "Ok. Let's run!" He ran the whole way except for those two times I carried him. And his time? 14:33. Seriously? Some adults can't even
walk a mile that fast. To say I'm proud is an understatement. I'm sure I'm getting carried away, but I'm already envisioning running races together in the future. Now that just sounds fun!!
See his number? I might have had a little something to do with choosing that number. Hey, old habits die hard. Plus, I still like to pretend I'm an athlete. Ya...call me Uncle Rico, I know. :)
2 comments:
Looks so fun! Wish we were there to take part. And to enjoy the nice weather!! I recognize a few of the kids in the picture...but not as many as I would have thought.
That is AWESOME! I'm sure he's gonna grow up to be very active, healthy, athletic, etc. And you should be proud! That really is a great time for a little THREE-year old! (Not that I know many {or any} 3-year olds who've done this...another reason to be proud!) Love his lucky number! And lol at the Uncle Rico comment, ha ha!
Post a Comment