Two WONDERFUL aunts!
These pictures were taken at our all-girl, family tea party that we had in January to celebrate Granny. I'm sure you're wondering what we are all wearing. They are Granny's dusters of course! Granny lived and died by her plethora of dusters! If she was lounging around the house, she was sure to be in a duster. It was a fun way to celebrate her.
My angel Granny passed away this last Friday morning, April 11th. She went peacefully in her own home surrounded by those who loved her dearly and those whom she loved most. I don't think she could have planned it any more perfectly for herself if she had tried. Her peaceful passing has been a wonderful blessing to our family. Her legacy has left an unquestionable impact for good on many, many lives. In a previous post, I've mentioned Granny's capacity to love, to cheer and to encourage. We will surely miss one of our greatest cheerleaders, but take great comfort in knowing she has secured for herself "treasures in heaven." It gives me great hope to know that I, too, can recieve those treasures by trying to live a little more like Granny lived and ultimately, have the wonderful "treasure" of Granny again some day! I love you Granny...can't wait to meet again! Please give Hook a big hug for me and you two try to stay out of trouble!
P.S. Gran and Hook....no having fun without me! I have a feeling I'm gonna need to brush up on my skip-bo skills!



2 comments:
Sorry about the loss of your sweet grandma. I loved that post the old pictures were beautiful. She sounds like she is one of your heroes.
Your Grandmother sounds like an amazing lady. I just know that she and K are doing wonderful things where they are. Miss you! Oh, and by the way...Congrats to you and Brian.
Post a Comment