Well, we figured it was about time our news was made blog-public. The happy news is that we are expecting baby numero uno! It is exciting news as we are approaching anniversary #4. We're grateful for the time that we had to spend together, working on self-improvement and just work in general. We are definitely ready for the next stage in life. (I use the word "ready" very loosely.) We definitely have some preparation left to do and changes that need to be made, but we are looking forward to it...
I have been blessed with a relatively easy first trimester. I haven't had to suffer too much with the morning sickness, thank goodness. Fatigue has been my biggest obstacle...since I normally keep a pretty busy pace anyway, this added fatigue has been slightly burdensome and I am looking forward to the "end" that everybody keeps telling me will happen sometime mid-second trimester.
Currently, I am in the stage that I have so lovingly named the "Is she pregnant or is she just getting fat?" stage. It's hard not to feel like wallowing in the mud some days as the buttons of my pants barely make ends meet, but I am trying to focus on the good health that I have and the miracle that is taking place rather than the increasing number on the scale!
We are so blessed and I was grateful for all of the wonderful talks on family and motherhood this conference. I was trying to soak it up like a sponge, because like I said, the clock is ticking and we are counting every second!
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
WOW! Congrats you two! That is truly exciting news!!!
About feeling fat and not pregnant yet....ugh. NOT FUN. Something that helped me with the pants situation was buying (or you could make one) a "Bella Band" or "Bloomin' Belly Band." It allows you to wear your normal pants longer (you can unzip them), your maternity clothes sooner (to hold them up), keeps your maternity clothes UP when you're huge toward the end, and covers that awkward postpartum belly. As you can tell....I like um'. Just Google them. :)
Hi, Skinnys! Congratulations. What great, great news! I'm so happy for you guys. Keep us posted on how things go, okay?
Yea! I am so excited for you both!!! What great news. Congratulations and keep us posted. We'd love to see pictures as you grow Janette (those is always fun to see!)
How exciting! Congrats!!!!
I remember that akward stage. That's pretty good to still be in your regular jeans. I did not last that long in mine.
Congratulations! Oh, we are so excited for you both! It will be fun to see you at Brandon's wedding and catch up.
Yeah for you guys!!! You will be such a fun mommy! Pregnancy exhaustion is the worst. Keep taking lots of naps and going to bed early! I love how Blog's keep us all in touch!!!
Congratulations!!! That is such exciting news and I am so happy for you guys! Glad to hear that the first trimester has been relatively easy! Good luck!
Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys-you will be wonderful parents. Good luck with everything.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you Jet! I just know that you are going to be a fantastic mother. Yeah!
Congratulations! That is such great news and I am glad you haven't had too rough a time with the first trimester.
JET!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you guys! Seriously post updated pictures of baby growing! How fun! You will be an AWESOME mom! We need to get together sometime...when i'm in AZ. Oh, and I know I should already know this...but is your last name Skinner? And if it is, do you guys know Seth and Courtney Skinner? They're in dental school with us.
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!
ok i was wondering if this was public knowledge yet or not..Yay!CONGRATULATIONS!!! and just so you know that "I don't now if it's just fat stage" begins practically the day of conception by kid #3 so be glad you're already at 12 wks..;) This lil' Skinner baby will have such fun, great parents!
Post a Comment