Picture this scenario with me for a sec....
Young mother at church is taking her toddler to the nursery. Her toddler happens to be a little extra clingy today--which means he's got a death grip on both of her legs. Despite the extra weight and unsteady gait, the mother keeps heading towards the door where both of the toddler's teachers are waiting to greet him. Somehow the toddler's feet get tangled up in his mother's and he trips. As he trips, he maintains this death grip on mother's legs. Mother is wearing a skirt--a somewhat sleek and silky skirt--and as the toddler falls to the ground, mother's skirt falls with him. To her ankles. Mother moves faster than Chuck Norris to get her skirt back up to where it belongs while nursery teachers look at her with jaws agape.
Wow! Good thing that was just a "hypothetical" scenario, right? I mean, can you imagine? How embarassing! And the poor nursery leaders would've been scarred for life--and nobody knows if anybody happened to catch the whole thing from behind. Good thing it was all just a made up story, huh? Talk about a near miss!
(And for the record, because this is my personal record...it must be said that this situation actually did happen *ahem...to me...ahem* today. My saving grace is that as my skirt went down, my slip remained in place--and because my slip happened to be the same color as my skirt--and because of my catlike reflexes, of course--it all happened so fast it could've been considered an optical illusion. Oh how I love clingy toddlers!)
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Oh my! That was going to be my next question, 'Did you have a slip on?'. Glad to hear the affirmative. Wow...
They say that moms are there to provide embarrassing stories for their kids. I think it goes both ways though!
Well that is one reason to wear a slip. I guess i should do it more often. Thanks for the funny story!
Hahaha...sorry Janette you know I'm laughing only because it didn't happen to me. Totally wish I had been around for that...might make up a little bit..."don't COME IN"!!! So excited for your new addition...maybe you'll get a girl...then again two boys in a row are nice. Good luck, miss you guys!
Well, I can't lie. I did smile really big as I was reading this hypothetical situation. Thank goodness for slips and your amazing catlike reflexes.
Oh Janette! I am pretty sure my best moments involve kids! Good thing you are quick :O)
Oh man! You crack me up. Glad you had a slip on!
The best things always happen at church. Like having toilet paper hanging from the back of your skirt because the toilet paper never made it into the toilet and the lady that accidently opened your stall with the broken lock was the one that noticed it before you went into RS. Nice.
That is kind of funny. Good thing it's all pretend. lol Glad your mom taught you to always wear a nice slip. :)
That is so funny! Its kind of like my kids opening the stall door of public bathrooms while I'm still on the toilet, which has happened more than once. There's no catlike reflexes when you're peeing!
I can't believe I missed such an eventful day at church!
Whew! I'm impressed you were wearing a slip. I haven't worn hose or a slip in at least a decade out of sheer (!!) laziness. Perhaps I should start. I love these little guys -- they keep us humble, don't they?
Post a Comment