Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Short and Sweet...

...is exactly what I've got to keep this post in order to keep my eyes from welling up with tears.  My baby is turning 2 tomorrow.  As I put him down to sleep tonight, I realized that I can't really call him my baby anymore...I mean, he's a full-fledged toddler-- a walking, talking, and sometimes-ornery-but-mostly-sweet toddler.  I thought of these past two years and all that we've learned and I started getting a little misty-eyed.  But then I considered all that he still has to teach me and all we'll continue to learn together and that just got me excited!  Life with this guy is always an adventure.  So, sleep well tonight, my darlin'--because we've got some serious playing and exploring to do tomorrow!

9 comments:

jenichild said...

Happy Birthday McRae! I can't believe he's already two. Hope you have a fun day :)

Kimberly said...

Wow! Time does go by fast. Bittersweet. Happy b-day, McRae!

Heather said...

Oh! Sniff, sniff! Happy Birthday McRae! Gosh darn it, it just goes too fast. Have a fabulous day loving on your sweet boy.

AZ Wrights said...

Can't believe it!Excited to see that guy, and on his birthday no less. Keep enjoying motherhood, it's just gets better:)

The Gooding Family said...

Already?! Time flies when you're havin' fun. Glad you get to experience motherhood!

Christina LeSueur said...

Holy Moley! I can't believe it! I thought about it being the 21st the other day but totally forgot about sweet McCrae's bday! It seems like yesterday that he was born and that we were visiting you in the hospital. How time flies! We are grateful for such a fun nephew/cousin! Happy belated to him!

Jennifer said...

It is so sad how quick they grow! As soon as I held Ava for the first time I decided I needed at least one more because they grow so fast. I didn't realize time could go so fast until I had kids.

Happy Birthday McRae!

Becca LeSueur said...

He couldn't be any cuter of a two-year-old either! You've done a fabulous job mothering that sweet boy. Can't wait to see him again! Andersen's been begging.

Danielle said...

Happy Belated Birthday McRae! We sure love that little guy!