For some reason--this pregnancy--I haven't been able to sleep really well. I've even made a concerted effort to get to bed earlier in order to rest these tired bones, but I usually wake up in the middle of the night (sometimes more than once) and have difficulty falling back to sleep. It doesn't help that I've been having crazy dreams either. (Is it just me, or does pregnancy give you some WEIRDO-where-in-the-world-did-that-come-from-dreams, or what?) I don't really remember not sleeping well with the first pregnancy. I mean, with the exception of midnight trips to the restroom during the first trimester, I slept like a champ--yes, even through the third trimester. My sweet baby didn't drop until the last minute, which meant little to no pressure on my bladder, and consequently, no middle of the night interruptions. This pregnancy, however, has been a totally different story. Now that I'm in the 2nd trimester, the midnight trips have subsided greatly, but I'm still sleeping pretty restlessly and having frequent interruptions anyway. Hmpf! Me with lack of sleep = not so happy camper. But, I've been staying content for the most part--just really tired.
Now that that overly long tangent is out of the way, we can get to the meat of the post here. Since we've been traveling quite a bit lately, I've had more than my fair share of occupying a room (and sometimes a bed) with my dear toddler. Definitely not my favorite thing in the world and it's probably contributing to my overall sleep deprivation. But, while I'm not sleeping so well, I've come to learn that my little buddy is doing just fine in that department. In fact, he's enjoying his sleep and dreams so much, he talks in his sleep--like, every night. And that's pretty impressive and all when your vocabulary isn't too fine tuned just yet. Just the other night, I woke up to giggles and him saying, "That's funny," in his overly cute voice. But, my favorite of all--so far, anyway--was the night I woke up to a giant, rip-roarin' "YEE-HAW!" I'm tellin' ya, I want some of whatever kind of sleep he's having. Doesn't that just sound like fun?
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh my WORD, that is hilarious!!! I'd say hearing that was worth a few nights of less than ideal sleep!!
Hope you can find something helpful for your sleep issues! Definitely been there...but short of taking drugs...not much helped me. :( Hope you'll have better success!
P.S. Thank you for your kind, encouraging comment on my latest post.
That is sooo funny and CUUUTE, ha ha! He must be having some great dreams. That does sound like fun!
Good luck with getting better sleep. I never had crazy pregnancy dreams, but I've heard they can be something else! And not being able to fall back to sleep is sooo frustrating. Hope you get some good rest soon!
I bet you wish you had that recorded! What a sweet boy, whatever he's having, I'd like some too.
I had crazy dreams too, as if multiple trips to the potty weren't enough. I never took anything but is it safe to take melatonin?
That guy has horses and hats on the brain 24/7! What a punker:) Give him a squeeze for me.
As for the not so good sleep...you might just have to get used to it for awhile...just sayin
Pregnancy makes me have some crazy dreams too. I don't know what it is, but they are super weird and I remember them really good the next day.
Congrats on number 2!!! McRae is so cute- I love listening to the things Kate says in her sleep too. Hopefully you can start getting some sleep- since having Lucy I have a hard time falling asleep. I know how frustrating it is to be tired and not be able to go to sleep! Good luck! Can't wait to see you guys!
That's hilarious. I love hearing Tan talk in his sleep. I feel like I'm seeing a little deeper into what he really thinks about. McRae really is a cowboy at heart!
Post a Comment