And on to the BUMP--baby bump that is!! That's right--this is an official announcement that I'm just over 14 weeks pregnant and we couldn't be more thrilled! The evidence is starting to speak for itself, so I figured I'd save friends and loved ones from any awkward moments the next time you see me.
I'm one of those fortunate women who doesn't suffer much with physical ailments throughout my pregnancies. I rarely deal with bouts of morning sickness or find myself hugging porcelain. My biggest physical setback is extreme exhaustion and some pretty strong food aversions (which, unfortunately includes veggies), but those usually subside after the first trimester--so, I think I am even starting to see some light at the end of that tunnel. So, I'll continue to count my blessings that this has been the case so far. But, before you women who do happen to suffer physically through your pregnancies start to roll your eyes in disgust, just know that my pregnancies aren't without some sacrifice. It just happens that my sacrifice comes mostly in the form of mental and emotional. At least the last one did. But, I've had a lot of internal growth since then, and I'm counting on a happier and healthier pregnancy/recovery this time around. For starters, I didn't throw in the towel with exercise at 10 weeks (like last time) even when the exhaustion was seemingly unbearable. I still got myself up at 4:40 a.m. and met my group of dedicated runners a few times a week. (Bless them!!!) Even though I feel heavy and sluggish during the process, I'm convinced it's keeping my mood and mindset light and upbeat throughout the day. I plan to keep exercising for the rest of this pregnancy--with moderations made towards the latter part, of course. And while exercise will help, I think my biggest asset will be keeping an attitude of gratitude. Gratitude for who I am, for what God has given me, and for a healthy body and baby for Pete's sake! So, when the pounds start creeping on and things start expanding at lightening speed, I'm not going to fight them or hate the process. Instead, I'm gonna embrace it, and love myself through the whole process, remembering who I am and what I came here to do, and thanking a loving Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity in the first place! I am blessed....
And just maybe this little clip will help on those days where it gets a little rough...
(McRae and I both happened to love this clip when we saw it on Sesame Street yesterday morning!)
Friday, October 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! That is super exciting news!! I'm glad that you're keeping a positive attitude. Seeing our bodies change, even though a miracle is happening inside, can be hard to accept and embrace. All the pounds, (stretch marks?) are all worth it.
Again, congratulations. :-D I admire you for waiting 12 weeks to tell. I get so excited that I tell everybody when I find out.
congrats!! that is exciting news! i've been waiting for you to announce baby #2, you know according to LDS wives' trends it would be time. hehe. :) i hope your mind and body are feeling well. can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!
congrats!! that is exciting news! i've been waiting for you to announce baby #2, you know according to LDS wives' trends it would be time. hehe. :) i hope your mind and body are feeling well. can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!
Congrats! Baby #2 is just as exciting and fun as baby #1, but this time around you definitely know a little more. Okay, a lot more. I am also one of those people who doesn't really get sick or feel terrible when I'm pregnant, and I don't really gain much weight, but every pound is still hard. Its worth it though!
P.S. I bet you have another boy!
Hooray! I am so happy for you Jet! I too have great pregnancies minus some nasty heartburn at the end. Goodness, I am just beaming with happiness and I am sure you are too! Kudos for working out and having a happy attitude, I hope all continues to go well. If I could hug you I would! And do the happy dance! :)
Janette, I am so happy for you! How exciting. I wish that I had had that attitude during my last pregnancy. You truly are inspirational! Love ya!
I am thrilled for you, Janette!!!
I, like you, don't get very physically sick when pregnant but do struggle emotionally and mentally, so I hear ya on that. I "threw in the towel" with exercise with my 2nd and 3rd but am VOWING to not do the same with subsequent pregnancies. I know it would help. So BRAVO to you for sticking with it!!! Can't wait to see the "bump" pics! :)
Love that video. So cute! And yes, I think we are just as, if not more, excited than everybody else! Yea for more cousins to play with!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such good news! So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!
Wahoo for two! Never thought I would say this. but it's way better with 2!~
Post a Comment