Remember how I said that sometimes I feel sorry for my kids? Well, Halloween would be a perfect example of why. And no, it's not because I eat all of their candy! (Although, normally I would, but this year I restrained myself and didn't even have a SINGLE piece! This monumental feat is definitely worthy of documentation. It may never happen again.) I actually feel sorry for them this because, again, I just don't really make a big deal about Halloween. I know some people LOVE Halloween. I'm not a total bah-humbug. I'm just more of a last-minute-deciding-on-a-cheap-and-easy-costume kinda gal. And it gets even worse when it comes to picking out my own costume. I just don't. Since my kids don't really have opinions on what they want to be yet, you'd think they'd be easy to dress up. But, just because they don't have opinions about the what part, doesn't mean they don't have opinions at all. I just don't want to fight about putting them in a costume I spent money on and that they don't want to wear. Not my idea of fun. So...we were grateful for the selection of hand-me-down costumes we had to choose from this year. McRae got to choose which one he wanted and we didn't have to spend any money. Nice!
Here is our Fireman enjoying some yummy Chili Beans at our ward Trunk-or-Treat and Chili cook off.
And here our firemen is looking pretty cool while waiting for the fun games to start taking place out of the back of ward members trunks. So fun!
Don't let this tough guy scare ya. Sure, he looks hard and all, but he's really just a big teddy bear. I think we were trying for a 50's punk/biker. We don't really know. We just slicked his hair back, put him in a onesie and drew a tattoo on his arm. Simple and super cute!
On night two of our Halloween celebration, we took to the streets. Although, one opinionated boy decided he wanted a change of pace. So, cowboy it was! We Trick-or-Treated through our neighborhood, although we had a bashful cowboy that night. We had been practicing a couple of days prior so that he could learn the art of Trick-or-Treating. We just experimented with any door inside our house. He would knock, we would answer and he would say the words. Then we'd place a little treat in his hand. So, he was super excited about going out, but when the time came to say the magic words, he wasn't too sure about it.
This night we decided to add some dog tags to complete the look of our little guy. Oh, and we cut the sleeves on the onesie to make him look a little more rugged.
The three most handsome trick-or-treaters I saw this year!
Some of us were pretty happy about our night's work. It was a pretty good haul. And remember, I didn't touch a single piece! ;)




2 comments:
Not one piece of candy Jet? That is heroic! Well done! I am glad Max and Kate only got like 5 pieces of candy at the school carnival and I didn't buy candy since we never get trick-or-treaters. But I still snitched a few of their meager supply. :/
John looks pretty darn tough there! We didn't dress up this year either but I want to next year! Hopefully the kids won't be too opinionated...
I sure wish I could say I didn't eat a single piece!! But it would surely be a BIG, fat lie. :/ So go you!!
I looove hand-me-down costumes! My kids (especially the youngers) won't get much of a say in their costumes either!
Post a Comment