Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fall Break

I feel like a broken record.  I just LOVE my family.  Can't say that enough.  Anytime we get together it is just non-stop fun.  I learn so much from them and am so thankful that we all get along.  I used to think that that's just how it was.  That when you got married you gained a whole new family, because that's how it has been whenever one of my siblings has married.  Not only did we gain, come to know and love a new sibling but we gained and know their parents and siblings as well.  I thought that was just how it was supposed to be.  As time has passed, I've learned that all aren't so lucky.  Truly sad.  I really am blessed to be a part of this wonderful family.

When Becca offered her parents' cabin as the location for our family Fall Break gathering, we jumped at the chance.  It is located in the beautiful White Mountains where I have many fond childhood memories.  I was worried that the beautiful scenery which I have grown to love would've been wiped out by this summer's wildfires.  (The cabin was evacuated at one point because the threat was pretty severe.)  Much to my surprise,  the forestry immediately surrounding the cabin was still standing...and as beautiful as ever!

Mom and boys at Greenspeak.  You can see some of the beautiful fall foliage starting to change colors in the background.  Running down Greenspeak was a blast.  And the impromptu snow fight made it even better.  I think all the nephews learned not to mess with Aunt Christina.  Seriously...unbelievably athletic...and such a great aim!  

Just a close up of my handsomes...goofy grin and all.  

It was a fun week filled with relaxation, some scheduled family fun, some family work projects, some good exercise, good eating, and great discussion!  Never a dull moment!  Everyone was able to join in on the fun except for Phil and Brian (who stayed behind like responsible adults for school and work).  Thanks to all who helped me with the kiddos and allowed for such a wonderful time!    

Probably goes without saying that this was one of McRae's favorite activities of the week.  Well, this and throwing rocks in the pond.  He is still talking about the horse Jester!

Just another shot of our cowboy.  Getting ready to rope that steer.  

 Our big boy being safe.  Thanks Uncle Steve.  He's always thinking about safety!  :)

Small of the smallest of the gang enjoying Tangled on the iPad.

 I know I'm terribly biased, but he's just a beautiful baby.  So full of joy!

Getting some love from Uncle Steve.  Check out those eyes!  His eyelashes are enough to make any girl's eyes green with envy.  

3 comments:

Candace said...

So fun! I love the quip about Christina and her fierce-ness. :) It really IS such a blessing to get along with ALL your siblings and LOVE all your inlaws. Whenever people start complaining about theirs....I have nothing to say! And you're not just biased; your boys really ARE SOOO cute. :)

Heather said...

Yep, your boys are gorgeous, no denying it. Why do boys always get the longest of the lashes? I'd love some of that action.

And what a blessing to be a "broken record" about how much you love and enjoy your family. I love get togethers and this looks like it was a great one!

Heather K said...

That sounds like so much fun! Your boys are adorable!