Is there anything better than family? Really...does it get any better? Over Labor Day weekend, Brian and I escaped with all of my siblings to La Jolla. We enjoyed a nice, relaxing weekend at the Cardon beach house (thanks Dan and Louise!). Some attempted surfing while the others stuck to boogie boarding and body surfing. The water was a little chilly, so we were grateful that the beach house was stalked with wet suits. (Yeah, I even fit into one...it was pretty hysterical getting my 7 1/2 month pregnant frame into one, but I have to say...quite the physique! The side profile was the best. HA! Too bad I didn't get a picture...we forgot our camera.) We had a blast! The weather was great and the company was even better. We had some good, serious discussion and of course, we enjoyed many laughs. Does anyone's family laugh at their own jokes quite like the LeSueur's do? I'm not so sure, but we have a great time together. "I like these guys...they are funny guys!" We attended church together and then took some family pictures at the San Diego Temple for mom and dad. I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with gratitude for family...and the effects are lingering on.
As great as I consider my family to be, I am so thankful to have married into a wonderful lineage. I look forward to telling my children about their ancestors from both sides of the family with pride. I want them to know of the legacy that has been laid for them--in hopes that it will inspire them to carry it on to future generations. There are many marvelous examples to learn from and as we have discussed potential baby names, we've realized that these examples are influencing our decisions. Hopefully, our children will look to their namesakes (if named after family members) and feel inspired to give their best.
How did I get so lucky? The love I have for my family now is overwhelming...and I can only imagine how it will continue to grow as children and grandchildren are added. The prospects are exciting!

6 comments:
No, I don't think anyone laughs at their own jokes like LeSueur's do. But I can say that I laugh at your guys' jokes the way you do. :) You guys are the best and so much fun to be around. And I feel blessed and lucky to have grown up with you guys. <3
What a fun time! And happy belated birthday!
Very cool! I love the San Diego temple! I can't believe how many grandkids already! What an amazing weekend to get together with everyone!
Man WAS THAT FUN!!! Sure glad you guys could come and boogie board with us!! The kids are starting to count down your days with you....42 more to go! WOOHOO
Your baby is so lucky to be coming to such a neat family!
We missed all of the LeSueur's at the Mayberry Reunion but glad you had such a wonderful time together as siblings.
This is such a great family photo! Sounds like you had a great time:) It's fun to see your widget (sp?) and count down the days for your baby to be born. Do you know whether it is a boy or girl? Any names picked?
Good luck. AND HAVE FUN:)
Post a Comment