Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Sampler Platter...

This post is basically a random update--since nothing seems notable enough to post on it's own. I'm hoping that by stuffing a few different topics in here, that they'll all add up and have the cumulative effect of being noteworthy.

First and foremost, (and this is entirely worthy of it's own post, I'm just too lazy to do two posts in one day) Brian has taken two more portions of the CPA exam. We found out this week the results of one of those exams. Remember how I mentioned last time that I basically married Einstein? Well, yeah...it still holds. He passed another portion! We will find out the results of the other test at the end of this month. His goal is to take the fourth and final portion by the end of October. This will be a huge accomplishment and I am proud of him for working so hard. This exam is not known for its high passing rate...

Moving on, I am very much looking forward to being done at work! I'm really starting to feel burned out and jaded with the health care system as a whole...so, it's time for a break. Maybe when I'm not so bitter I'll post some funny stories about life in the ER. People will never cease to amaze me...and I mean that as both a compliment and an insult...just when you think you've seen it all... The 12 hour shifts are getting longer and longer as I get more and more pregnant. I only have two shifts next week and then they'll banish me to chart auditing for one week and then...HALLELUJAH! I'm done!

Politics...wow...thought provoking, fun to follow and outrageously frustrating. We have been following things pretty closely and enjoy it for the most part, try not to let it tick us off too much, and are anxiously awaiting to see the outcome. This is another opportunity for me to slip in a plug about prop 102 here in AZ. Um...just get involved folks. Do what you can to support it. We need this amendment to our state constitution so we can keep judges doing what their supposed to do...interpret constitutions. This amendment's' verbiage is so straightforward, there's absolutely no way to interpret it otherwise...having the overall effect of judges sticking to interpretation and not legislation like we've seen in Massachusetts and California.

Here is a picture of me at 34 weeks. I really don't enjoy taking pictures of myself...I haven't been one of the fortunate few who absolutely love their pregnant body. But, I know that eventually I'll "grow up" and look back and kick myself if I don't document this journey...so, alas, we have some pics! Mentally, I feel D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G....with a capital "D"! Physically, however, I am one of the lucky gals that doesn't have too much trouble with pregnancy. I am still sleeping good through the night without any frequent and frantic trips to the restroom (thank goodness)! I've been blessed to be able to continue to work, to skip morning sickness all together, to exercise and work hard without too much trouble. I don't have varicose veins, pigmentation changes on the face or belly, or out of control stretch marks. So, I am trying to focus on all the amazing things my body is capable of in this not-so-eye-appealing state. Attitude of gratitude....say it enough times and you'll believe it....yada, yada, yada. Only one more month! Lately, I've been craving a distance run (or what I consider distance, anyway). Walking is just getting a little too boring for me. So, I thought I'd spice it up the other day and see if I could even run at all anymore...just a little. I ran a lap and a half around the track and decided I'd proved to myself that I could still do it. Hey, whatever makes you feel a little better, right?

11 comments:

Heather C. said...

I enjoyed your "sample platter" -- thanks.
Congrats to Brian! That's great.
And I think you look great! It is amazing what our bodies can do!!

Heather K said...

You look beautiful and are so tiny still for 34 weeks! It's because you were in such great shape before. Congrats on the CPA exams!!! Way too keep working so hard. I did right up to the night before I labored both times. CRAZY! But I was early both times. Keep thinking positive!!!

Candace said...

You are SO close!! Homestretch time! Ugh...this last part is not fun. I'm similar to you with my pregnancies: Pretty smooth sailing, but that doesn't prevent me from feeling disgusting by the end of it all. BUT I have to say and I think you look GREAT, even if you don't feel it!

CONGRATS to Brian!! I have heard lots about how crazy hard those tests are.

Heather said...

You look wonderful! Congrats on passing the exams and good luck on the next beast. I look forward to your crazy ER stories, I concur that people are amazingly crazy at times.

Amy Wright said...

WOOHOO for Brian!!!
And you look GREAT in your pregnancy picture.

Nana said...

Don't feel disgusting sis - just take one day at a time. At least you are ALL baby! I gained 35 with BJS and 20 with Bri and I won't tell you how much with the others....you are doing great. It is actually easier having the bun - there will be a time, mark my words, that you will say, "it was easier being pregnant". ENJOY and we'll see you soon - like next week.

TGS said...

You ran? I can't even do that not being knocked up. Right on to you though! Your belly is sooo tiny! You look great!! There was oe thing I was gonna say, but forgot. must not be that important.

Unknown said...

LOL...I think it's amazing that you went and run around!!! The other night tyler was working on his pushups for his Physical fitness test for marshalls and he wasn't doing to my army dad's expectations...so i tried showing him how to do it and what he was doing wrong and OMGOODNESS....needless to say it was HAAaaalarious!!!! BTW you still look cute and amazing!! good luck in the home stretch!

Peter and Brittany Merrill said...

Congrats Brian!
Jet you crack me up...you look great and I will see you on Saturday...wouldn't miss it!

Dan and Louise said...

I can't wait to see li'l Baby Skinner. What a lucky boy to have you for parents! Also, I know your dedication and that baby weight (if there is any) is going to come off just fine - but I know how frustrating it is... You're picture is GORGEOUS!

Melissa Robinson Wichmann said...

WHATEVER! You look fantastic, Janette. Your belly is perfect & beautiful. I loved being pregnant (it never fails to amaze me how our bodies can make & grow BABIES!) but now I'm glad it's you & not ME. Or, anyone & not me! LOL I can't wait to meet your new baby. Keep us informed!