Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Few of Our Favorite Places...


We've just discovered the swing!


And so far, it's been really fun.


And this is one of the reasons why mom enjoys it most...free hands!
(Of course this is only when she really needs to get something done...otherwise, she doesn't mind having her hands full!)


Another favorite place to be when mom needs her hands!


The front carrier is a convenient place to be for both of us as well. It really works well for outdoor tasks...like hanging Christmas lights!


It is also a convenient place to catch some ZZZZZ's after a hard day of work!


And this is just to show some of the most recent tricks...SMILING! It makes all those late night awakenings worth it!


This video catches the smiles a little better.

(Please excuse the silly "mom" voice in both videos...I can't promise you won't hear it again! It just takes over and I can't stop it!)

12 comments:

Heather said...

He is so cute! And you look deliriously happy, it suits you.

Thanks for your 6 words, they were wonderful.

Jamie Sue said...

Super cute! And I love the "mom" voice--it shows that you're normal. I know you might feel silly doing it (well, maybe not so much DOING it, but HEARING that you do it), but really, how stupid would you sound if you were talking to him like you do an adult? I mean, seriously! Anyway, he's sure a cutie!!

Diana said...

Yep, nice to know that I'm a little "normal" with my "mom" voice in my videos. I agree with Jamie Sue...it doesn't feel silly doing it in person, but it sounds funny to me when I listen to my "mom" voice on my videos, even though other people's mom voices sound totally normal to me (including yours)! Here's to being a mom--it changes you forever, and let's embrace it!!! Wouldn't change it for the world anyway, right?!

And McRae, you are SOOOOOOOO adorable!!! You are getting me so excited to meet my own baby in just a few weeks! It was so sweet to be able to hold you a little just a few days ago--couldn't get enough of it! Snuggle, snuggle! :)

Dan and Louise said...

I'm so happy he's getting some good use out of that jungle gym. What a sweet boy! The smile is priceless.

I cringe whenever I listen to my "mom" voice during videos and I think, 'how can people stand to listen to me?' But like everyone else has said, I don't notice it on anyone else. It reminds me what Dan has said about the 3 stages of life - do you know what I'm talking about?

Lukky 7 said...

We're glad to see he's practicing his smiles. We are looking forward to getting some in person! It's also fun to see you in your 'new job' - and the voice fits great with it.

Heather C. said...

So cute Janette. I can't wait to meet him. When are you guys moving up here?

Candace said...

No need to apologize for the "mom voice"! As mentioned....that's what mom's do! SO...videos ARE going to have the mom voice.

I'm a baby carrier fan as well. I'm actually kinda obsessed....I've owned 5 so far. YIKES! And I'm already drooling over another one at the moment...and I'm not even pregnant and don't plan to be for a little while! Oh well. :)

AZ Wrights said...

What a sweet boy! We're a little bias at our house...Can't wait to see him again next week.

Brynn said...

He is a seriously adorable baby, Jet! Makes me wish mine was already here and chubby like that. (I'd rather her be chubby after she's born, not before) :)

manda carol said...

Super cute! You're such a great mom and he's a really cute little boy!

TGS said...

Everyone has to say what a cute baby, but McRae truly is cute. He has a really handsome face. Good job on that one Jet.

Josh and Melissa said...

What a cutie! He's getting so big! I love when they start smiling. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!