I got a call today from the hospital that I delivered at--they were doing a six-week screening for postpartum depression. They asked a bunch of questions and I guess I passed. Well, to wrap it all up, the lady asked if there was anything bothering me that we didn't talk about. I sarcastically announced, "Um...yeah. How about these extra 15 pounds that I'm carrying?" She gave an uncomfortable giggle, but come on...it was funny. I guess when you consider the fact that people really do struggle with postpartum depression, then maybe its not so funny after all. But, my joke had nothing to do with that in the first place.
Later today, I had my six-week appointment with my OB. Well, everyone knows that a trip to the Dr.'s office means a stop at the scale. YEP! Those 15 lbs are still there...thanks for the reminder.
So...how did I decide wrap up my husband-less, heart and bum-heavy evening? Well, with a huge, homemade root beer float and an episode of the Biggest Loser of course! Irony at its finest...
Yeah...those pounds will be sticking around a little longer, I think!
p.s. I've been tagged...twice! So, those will be coming up shortly...just not tonight. Gotta get this body to bed!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
All mothers reading this can relate to what you're going through! I don't necessarily struggle with post pardom depression but stepping on the scale is certaily depressing! You took good care of your body while you were pregnant and it's going to pay off. Before you know it, you'll be back to your pre-pregnancy size.
I love how you dealt with your heavy heart and bum!
Ah, Jet. Love to see that you haven't lost your sense of humor. Gotta love that irony.
He he that is Hilarious! You are making the rest of us feel better because we are all there too!
Love your buns!
Post a Comment