Six is a good number. It's never been a favorite of mine, per se, but I have to like it by virtue of the fact that it is two of the number 3. And 3 is definitely my favorite number! So, 3x2 is bound to be good, right? Well, in April, we celebrated six years. I won't pretend and sugar coat anything--most of those six years were awesome--but there was an 18 month (6x3, btw...excuse the weird fascination with numbers for a sec) stretch in there where it was really hard. Maybe I should re-phrase that to, "I was really hard." I'm so thankful he didn't give up on me and that I didn't give up on "us". It's been worth all the effort and sacrifice ever since and I am a better person for it. Brian has always seen my potential and been my biggest cheerleader (even though I have a strong dislike for cheerleaders, this seemed like the best word to use at present--spirit fingers and all). He's supported me in anything I've ever wanted to do and has been right there to compliment and encourage me along the way. In his eyes, I get better and more and more beautiful every day--and you know, I'm kind of starting to believe him. I mean, he's been right about a lot of other things, he could be right about this too. I'm so thankful for his dedication to the Lord, to his family, and to bettering himself. If this 6 years is a preview of things to come, well then...I'm pretty sure that the number "6" just might make my list of favorites. I'm thinking 6 x infinity is sounding kind of nice!*As a side note, we were married 2^2/2^(2^2)/2^2. Figure it out, if you dare.

4 comments:
weirdo (wink)
Is your wedding date 4/16/04? I am a weirdo with numbers too. I love finding patterns and meaning in numbers.
Sure am glad you two found each other and am even happier that you figured things out!! Keep working at it...it's worth it. Happy anniversary!!
You got it Heather! Nothing slips past you. But the number fascination thing...Brian and I both have that in common and we didn't even think of it when we were picking wedding dates...it just sorta happened and now we love it! Of course, I did think that if I was going to be marrying an accountant, then the day after tax season ends would be a good date--he'll basically be begging to celebrate and he'll never forget our anniversary. Ha!
Post a Comment