Tuesday, May 25, 2010

10 Years Ago Today...

I was graduating with this bunch of ya-hoos (and a few more, too). We just celebrated our 10 year reunion at the beginning of this month and let me just say 1) PHEW--it's over and 2) I can't wait until our 20-year reunion comes along. Once I finally got out of planning/organizing mode and allowed myself to relax, I actually had a great time. We didn't have that great of a turn out, but it was fun to catch up with those who came.

It's funny how 1o years doesn't really change too much in some people and completely changes others. Pulling out our yearbooks further proved this point (and caused for some great laughs, I might add). Case in point--my freshman year of track. The whole team was supposed to flex for our team shot. Well, I ended up being the only one who followed through with that plan, and low and behold...that's the picture they chose for our yearbook. So, sure enough, there's everybody posed all nice and then there's me--flexin' away. So funny! But the really funny thing about it is that ten years later...you'll occasionally find pictures of me in a similar fashion. See below...

(Summer 2007--Tucson Monsoon's IWFL team)


(May 2009--at the Grand Canyon)

Okay, so apparently I like to flex in pictures--something I've been doing for a long time, I guess. And while 10 years didn't change that aspect of my life, it changed a lot of others. All of which I am so thankful for. Can't wait to see the growth and change that the next ten years will bring.

7 comments:

TGS said...

That was a fun post. I heard you guys were doing this. I wish our class had motivation to do a 20 yr...when the time comes. I highly doubt it. Way to go for you guys though! awesome time!

Lisa said...

Drew Brown was my husbands companion for a while. Small world, huh?

Heather said...

Fun! I am sure it was a lot of work (slight understatement!) and it had to be a bit frustrating to not have people show up. Looks like the "locals" came. Here's to 10 more years!

Kimberly said...

Fun pictures and post! I can't believe you graduated 10 years ago...old fart! j/k (Not that I'm too far behind ya. Time flies!)
So funny about everyone posing pretty for the camera and you flexing, ha ha! That's awesome.

Jennifer said...

We are so old! I wish I would've gone Friday too instead of just Saturday! It was fun anyways!

Trisha said...

Loved all the new posts. :) IS that darlng picture of McRae one of the ones you just got taken? YOU NEED TO POST THEM! I cant wait to see them all.

Jamie Sue said...

So, I'm wishing you would've stopped by when you were down, so I could've rubbed shoulders with you.

You know what flexing pic you should've posted? The one of you with the Tongan guys in Hawaii! That's a great one! :D

Love ya cuz!