
....has learned to crawl out of bed.
Coincidentally--he's also banged his head. Not because of crawling out of bed. They just happened to occur around the same time. I guess it goes to show that March was a REALLY active and busy month for us. I may or may not have been counting down the days until he could attend nursery. We were doing more wrestling than worship in our Sunday meetings that month.

After he discovered how to climb out of the crib for the first time, it became a very regular occurrence--happening a few times a night. Worried that he might hurt himself (and keep me up all night), I was scratching my brain for what to do. I thought maybe he wouldn't be able to climb out of the pack-n-play, so up it went--and just a few minutes later, OUT he went! The little stinker bested me. So, at the suggestion of a friend, the crib mattress went on the floor. I worked with him a little bit on staying in bed and then left him to figure it out--it was midnight, after all. It took him a little bit to calm down, but it really wasn't that bad. About 5 minutes later, he walked himself right over to that mattress on the floor and figured it out. The mattress stayed there for another few days until his dad got home and helped turn our not-a-toddler-bed-crib into a toddler bed--simply by removing one of the side railings. We purchased a half side rail to prevent him from rolling out and got him a step-stool to climb in. After we had it all set-up, he walked right over, climbed in and commenced jumping on his bed! Seriously? Where did he learn that? Do all boys just come wired with an intrinsic need to jump on beds? He never did that when the bed was in crib mode. Oh man...I love my little monkey!
*He's been very content with his big boy bed and was so proud of himself the first few nights he slept in it. We've even managed a few visits to family members and he sleeps great on a bed or on a cot. Thankfully, the transition was pretty smooth. I think our saving grace was that he still cannot open his bedroom door. He's done it twice on accident now, so I've got a feeling that he'll be adding that trick to his repertoire in the near future. Always an adventure!

4 comments:
Aw, already in a big boy bed??! He is getting so big! Tip for when he learns how to open the door: Child lock on the inside! No different from the crib, as long as the room is safe, in my opinion!
Can I tell you that your post strikes terror/fear in my mommy heart? It does, it does. In the best way of course, just giving me a glimpse of toddler shenanigans. Good thing our kids are so cute, they know it too!
My SIL has triplets and they reversed the locks on the bedroom door, that way only mom & dad could get them out, no late night jail breaks. Good luck!
Those 3 weeks before going to Nursery are Heck! To put it nicely!
No way!! He seems way too young to know how to do that. I have been very lucky...none of my kids climbed out of their cribs (yet...Paisley is still in a crib, but will soon transition to a bed once potty-trained).
What a cute boy!
Post a Comment