Monday, November 15, 2010

"I was runnin'..."

This past weekend our town had a little "Run and Ride" event to celebrate the grand opening of a new freeway exit that will benefit our community.  (We'll just ignore the fact that it isn't actually open yet....sigh...four more days!)  We participated in the 5k walk/run as a family--our first official family 5k.  Brian was a trooper.  I don't think he's ran that far in over a year, and yet...cold turkey, he did it.  Amazing!  I pushed the little man in the stroller and I don't know if it was the stroller or the fact that I'm 21 weeks pregnant, but it wasn't as easy as it always has been.  We finished in 30:10...a 9:45 pace overall...which, given the aforementioned circumstances, makes me pretty proud.

And here's our proof....

The proof that we finished and lived to tell about it...even had some smiles left!

 And the proof that I'm pregnant and have reached the half-way mark.  So far, 10 pounds gained...awesome. No really.  Compared to last pregnancy...that's awesome!


And as if I wasn't already looking haggard enough for family pictures, why not appear on a local news station?  Yeah, that's right.  Whose brilliant idea was that?  Maybe the guy just felt sorry for me.  Anyway, here's my claim to fame.  

(On second thought, I've decided to take the link to the video out.  I didn't realize it named our town, the freeway and the surrounding exits.  So, if you'd really like to see it after all, email me and I'll send you the link.) 

6 comments:

Angela said...

You look amazing!! I can't believe you are already 21 weeks along. I am so impressed you are still exercising so much. I need to take your example. I've had a foot injury so long, I've really gotten out of the habit...that and it's not so easy with 4 kids!! Love to read your blog!

The Gooding Family said...

That's awesome! And yes, you DO look great!

I'd love to see the video. Send me an email!

Lisa said...

I ran a 5K once in high school and it was so fun! I'd like to do that more often. That's exciting that your town gets a new freeway! WaHOO! I'm with Brian..I haven't ran anything in the longest time.

You've only gained 10lbs?! That is incredible!! I gained 10 lbs in one month with Kyra and I wasn't even at the half way mark. Not doing that again.
You do look great! What's your secret? :-D

Heather said...

Great job! How fun to run as a family. I would also love to see the link.

Your baby bump is perfect and you are doing so well with 10 pounds and half-way! Keep it up!

Heather C. said...

You don't even look pregnant to me Janette. You're awesome.

I'd love to see the video. Send me the link via email.

I'm so happy for all of you in the old neighborhood FINALLY getting that freeway entrance. Of course it would happen AFTER I moved. Sigh. But yay for all of you!

Kimberly said...

Great job on the 5k! That's awesome that you got your hubby to come along, and amazing that you pushed McRae in the stroller while 21 weeks pregnant! Good work.