Friday, November 19, 2010

Thank You, Universe!

I just finished reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho this past week.  To sum it up, it's a quick, interesting read about pursuing your own personal legend and not giving up no matter what obstacles may arise.  Very thought provoking--to say the least.

Anyway...one of the recurrent themes throughout the book is that if you really want something, the whole universe (i.e. God) conspires in helping you to achieve it, and you must be attentive and follow the signs when they appear to assist you.  Will you be in tune when the signs are shown to you or will you be distracted by other alluring alternatives?  Will you settle for less than your legend because your life is already "good enough"?  Will you give in to the notion that you can't shape your future and that your life is controlled by fate?  So many distractions to keep us from reaching our personal legends...will you stay true to your legend?

So...the basis of this summary is to say that 1) you should consider reading the book because it just may inspire you and 2) to inform you that the universe recently conspired in my behalf.  Ok, so really...I'm sure that my personal legend is not to win contests that allow you to get really great deals on maternity active wear, but I won't complain when it happens!  And I do have to say...I encounter 3 different obstacles along the way to entering said contest, yet I persisted and the universe came back to reward me.

Well--in actuality--the lovely ladies at fit2bmom are the kind givers of the gift.  And it wouldn't be very gracious of me to fore-go mentioning how absolutely wonderful they have been to work with.  Yes...the prices are a little high (but really, have you ever tried to find true maternity active wear--it isn't easy and it isn't cheap...like multiply regular maternity clothing costs by 10) but the quality product and customer service can't be beat.  And it's hard to put a price tag on those sorts of things.

So, there's a little plug for fit2bmom--if you happen to be in the market for some maternity active wear--and for The Alchemist, if you happen to be looking for a quick, easy and thought-provoking read.  

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cheap maternity clothes just fall apart anyway. Then you end up buying new ones because the first ones are crappy or uncomfortable!

TGS said...

"The Secret" teaches that too. The universe (God) wants to give you what you need, you just have to say what you want and be open to the opportunites that will make it happen. I'll have to read that book and get added inspiration.