Friday, January 11, 2008

Clinton Politics 101

Recently, Hillary Clinton was in the news when someone asked her how she gets out of the house every morning. With a tearful reply she said, "...it's not easy but I feel passionately about this country, I see where its going, and I have so many opportunities for [it]."

Long story short, Hillary, aided by her show of emotion, won the New Hampshire primary, narrowly beating out her one-term Senator, no plan, hope-speech-giving, Oprah-backed rival, Barrack Obama.

One has to admire the Clintons, and most politicians for that matter, for their tenacity and willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve their goals. But don't think that Hillary invented the crying move alone... no, no... she pulled it out of the ol' Clinton playbook. Check out Slick Willy's masterful control of emotions back in 1996.

Due to the writer's stike, Stephen Colbert, Mitt's future VP, is unable to comment on the Clintons' moist eyeball problem, so I must do it for him in his "tip of the hat... wag of the finger" fashion......

Wag of
the finger to you Mrs. Clinton! We also know where this country is going and it doesn't have you or your opportunities in it.
Tip of the hat to Papa Bear's Papa, Rush Limbaugh, for providing us with this video 12 years later and for having the courage to show it even though it shows you wearing that ridiculous tie!

4 comments:

Candace said...

WOW! That Clinton video is priceless!!

Kristen said...

Hilarious. The Clintons should be up for Academy Awards.

Ok-S. Colbert as Romney's VP...is that your wishful thinking? I've only seen his show a few times, so is that what he appointed himself to?

The writers' strike saddens me as well. There's definitely some good target's they're missing.

Brian and Janette said...

No, Colbert hasn't appointed himself as Romney's VP and no, that's not our secret wish either...
That was my quick-witted husband contributing to our blog, and doing what he does best...being silly. We've been having some Colbert and Office withdrawals since the writer's strike and I think he was trying to fill in. (OK...really, we don't have TV, but we occasionally watch the shows online.)

Heather said...

Nice to hear you are keeping up with things both political and me! I must confess I too have seen your blog through Laurie but was too chicken to comment. I didn't want to see stalker-ish! But with my timely confession I still do. :)

You look great and happy and that is what counts! Good luck with all your endeavors: the gym, CPA, and living in SD! Really good to hear from you.

And we too are missing the Office and Colbert. Sniffle, tear.