Seriously...what is up with GOP voters? John McCain wins Florida--are you kidding me?!?! No doubt his win is much in part to the late endorsement of Florida's governor. "Why would that make a difference," one might ask. Thank you for asking. IT SHOULDN'T!! It really shouldn't mean a rats patootie who endorses who! Whatever happened to the idea that we each formulate our own opinions based on our own investigations of each candidate. Roughly paraphrasing Ann Coulter, I would like to ask that Americans spend more time investigating presidential candidates than they do researching and buying used cars. Why does it matter that Crist, Giuliani, Stalone, and Schwarzenegger have endorsed a particluar candidate? Who are they to think their opinions are powerful or meaningful enough to influence ours? No thanks...I'll keep my independence and ability to make up my own mind. Simply choosing a candidate because of who has endorsed them is as stupid as shaving your head just because Brittany Spears did! Honestly people...take some interest in this!
Now, on to my next soap box. :) It has become quite clear that there are really only 2 viable GOP candidates left in this race...McCain and Romney. As much as some of us might detest this fact, we need to embrace it. We need to start thinking about which of these two men would serve our country best. If you haven't reached that conclusion as of yet, get to researching the issues and where these two candidates stand. If you know the issues and your less viable candidate is still in the race (aka Paul or Huckabee), I ask that you think long and hard about where your vote will go. Voting for someone who can't win is basically the same thing as giving your vote to someone else who is more likely to win and less likely to uphold your values. I know that voting is an expression of your voice and I'm treading dangerous waters by even bringing this up. I would never say anything of the sort if I wasn't so stinkin' scared of one of the two mentioned above being our nominee. Honestly, I think all the candidates bring at least one thing of value to the table, but it's a question of who brings the most between the remaining two that really matters at this point.
I better call it quits here before anyone has reason to be offended. I just really fear for the future of the GOP and conservatism as a whole. I feel obligated to protect it by urging my fellow conservatives to take action and vote for the candidate who will best uphold our ideals as conservatives. Now, I hope I didn't offend anyone or manipulate any opinions but, you are reading MY blog. Golly, it's things like this that really make you appreciate the 1st Amendment!
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Heh heh. Electile dysfunction. That's a good one!
Hey, don't worry about being offensive. I know there are a lot of people who don't take Ron Paul seriously, and I am in no way offended by differences in opinion. On the contrary, it's great to have a healthy, intelligent debate about politics!
So, I can understand your concern about the GOP nominating process...it sounds like you aren't a fan of McCain either. I'm curious, though. Should people still vote for him if he's the Republican nominee just because he's slightly better than whoever the Democratic nominee may be? This is why I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. We're still going to head downhill, just at a slower pace.
Your comment:
Voting for someone who can't win is basically the same thing as giving your vote to someone else who is more likely to win and less likely to uphold your values.
is great. I totally agree with you. The thing is neither Clinton, Obama, McCain nor Romney uphold my values. McCain and Romney claim to, but they don't. Both of them represent the neo-conservatism that has betrayed traditional conservative principles.
This sure is shaping up to be an exciting race. I'm on the edge of my seat for Tuesday!
Great post. I'm definitely leaning toward the thought that the candidate who is most likely to win AND most closely upholds my values is the one who should get my vote, to make it actually count for something.
While I can see many of Ron Paul's ideas being good...I think our country IS so far gone from those principals RIGHT NOW that he would just create chaos instead of doing any good. It's too much of a leap, right now.
I'm glad I have a little while longer to consider who I will vote for; New Mexico's republican primary's aren't until June 3rd. Good luck to Arizona!
Post a Comment