Today, during church, we had a special, combined RS and Priesthood meeting...like a 5th Sunday. It was on the new provident living website. The Stake Presidency felt that this topic was so important, that they asked all the Bishoprics in our stake to have this special meeting today. I haven't looked at the website in depth yet, but it looks like it could be really helpful. The website has lots of financial calculators and advice for budgeting. The church is placing a greater emphasis than ever on avoiding unnecessary debt. I'm excited to check it out. I consider ourselves pretty frugal and financially savvy, but there is always room for improvement. Anyway, at the beginning of the presentation (that was put together by the Stake, mind you) was this little gem. I couldn't believe it! This is probably the first time a clip of SNL has ever been shown in the chapel! Check it out--it's hilarious!
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That clip was hilarious! I'm sure we could all use that advice, no matter our financial situation.
That clip is AWESOME!!! That is funny they showed it at church...but it's so true!
Too funny. I'll have to show Jordan this later ( you know he'll love it). Thanks for the tip on the blog templates..that website was really cool!
Post a Comment