Monday, July 7, 2008

Yummy Bread in Bosch Recipe

So a few of you have asked for the recipe that I use when making homemade bread. Here it is...eat your heart out!

Place following in mixer and let yeast activate:
5 1/2 cups warm water (about115 degrees--too hot and you'll ruin the yeast)
3 Tablespoons of yeast

Remaining wet ingredients--add once yeast is activated: (I usually just add it once my fresh flour is ready)
3/4 c honey
3/4 cup oil
1.5-2 Tablespoons of salt

Grind:
4 c red wheat
2.5 c white wheat
2 c oatmeal (you kind of have to feed the oats into the grinder--at least you do with mine)

Remaining dry ingredient:
3/4 c gluten flour

Add about 6-8 cups of the freshly ground flour and the gluten flour to the wet ingredients. Blend for about two minutes. Add remainder of fresh flour and then use white flour until bread pulls from sides of bosch. (It's not an exact science--takes about 2-4 cups probably but you really just want to make sure that it's pulling from the sides really good. So it's not too sticky.) Mix at least 10 minutes.

Form dough into loaves. (Makes 5 loaves that weigh 1.5-1.75 lbs each. Yes, I actually weigh them because I'm anal like that and I want all my loaves to look uniform.) Place in bread pans. Place pans in slightly warmed oven to rise for 25-30 minutes. (I like to turn my oven on while I'm forming my loaves and then turn it off in about 4 minutes so it isn't too warm. The heat helps the loaves rise a little better, I think.) Once loaves have risen, bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees...and I bake all of them at once.

Enjoy the smell and the taste of your awesome homemade bread!

Questions...just ask!

5 comments:

Colton and Ashley said...

lil gourmet baker! Man! I try to make bread and rolls....never works! I'm so not good at that stuff.

Heather said...

I don't have a Bosch, will have to try this on a quiet day and when I want to turn on my oven! It looks great though and I will jot it down. Thanks for sharing!

Heather K said...

Wow gourmet bread....no wheat grinder here for me. Sounds delicious though! I hated homemade bread when I grew up on it. Now I think I was such a stinker!

manda carol said...

Hey Jet! I was just thinking about you and accidentally stumbled on your blog. Love the blog and you are seriously one of the cutest pregos I've ever seen! Congrats! Love, Manda

TGS said...

so glad you posted it, I've been dreamin' of it since I read and saw the pics. on your blog. have a Don't have a grinder, but we should all have one for food storage anyways. I'm gonna go get one. Bread in stores is yucky compared to store bought, enriched, bleached, high frutose corn syrup they call bread.