Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ready or Not...

Tomorrow is the big day! If this baby doesn't make his debut all by himself, then we are scheduled to show up at the hospital at 8 p.m. tomorrow night. They will place a prostaglandin gel on my cervix to try and soften it up. If that doesn't get the ball rolling, then I will begin pitocin in the wee hours of Tuesday morning. We are getting excited and making sure we have all of our preparations in order (Sharpies included...hehehe). My sister, Amy, will be coming down this week to help out and we are so thankful to have her help. Having family close by is a huge comfort...especially with mom and dad on the other side of the world.

As of Thursday, the baby still hadn't decided to engage his head in my pelvis. Why? We don't know. In most first-time mothers, babies will drop 2-4 weeks out from delivery. Yes, some wait until the last moment, but it is less common in first-timers. So, there could be a possibility he won't fit in my pelvis, although a small hip spread has never been a problem I've enjoyed in the past! Ha! I've certainly always considered myself to have "mothering" hips. But, as I mentioned in a previous post, our family grows big babies. (We won't be shocked if he's a nine-pounder and will really be amazed if he's less than eight.) Anyway, I really don't think there will be a problem but my doctor says that it makes me slightly more at risk for needing a cesarean. I don't really think there will be any problems and will be able to have him naturally. Who knows...maybe he's already inherited the procrastinating traits of his parents? Hope not...

So...are we ready? Are we looking forward to this? Are we anxious? Yes, to all of the above. But, what I am looking forward to most of all is finally being able to wear "mom" jeans! What greater promotion in life could there possibly be?!?! (Okay, so not really, but check out the clip below because it's pretty funny.) In all seriousness though, I'm looking forward to this new title and job description. I'm grateful for all the other jobs and titles I've held in my life but I've never looked forward to one as much as I do now!

Enough of the seriousness...enjoy a good laugh!



"I'm not a woman anymore...I'm a mom!" Classic!

12 comments:

Josh and Melissa said...

Good luck and we can't wait for you guys- so exciting! I was induced with Kate, and it was so nice to know when she would be here. (I was nervous my water would break in the grocery store:) ) Anyways, we are excited for you guys!

AudyCamp said...

GOOD LUCK!! YOu'll do great..How exciting!! We expect pictures within the week ya know?:)

Stephanie said...

You'll do great! Yeah your almost done. Just remember if tommorow night you start thinking...what in the world did I do... It is totally worth ever second!

Kristen said...

How exciting...Good luck! I can't wait for your next post!

Heather C. said...

I'm so excited for you. Good luck!! You'll be in our prayers.

And I LOVE the mom-jeans clip. That is one of my favorites.

Heather said...

Good luck! I will be thinking happy natural thoughts for you. And I can't wait to see pics and find out his name.

RaCHELLE HuRD said...

good luck jet! it is an AMAZING experience, you will love it. the next two months or so are the hard part, but so worth it. i had pitocin, it worked super. rocked my world! :)

btw.. did i catch a "The Office" joke in there? sharpies? hahaha!

can't wait to see pictures of the little boy!

Jamie Sue said...

Hey, my Mom just gave us the news that he is here!! Congrats!! I hope you're doing well!! Luv ya tons!!

Danielle said...

It was so good to hear from you last night! Jordan and I are thrilled for you both. Great "mom jeans" segment..made me laugh :O)

Diana said...

I've been meaning to call and congratulate you Janette--you may even be awake right now, but I'll resist the urge and let you catch whatever sleep you can! Anyway, I can hardly wait to meet McRae!!

Melissa Robinson Wichmann said...

This video is freaking hilarious! Thank GOSH "mom" jeans aren't like that at all!

Can't wait to read how your delivery went!

Heather K said...

Hope everything goes smoothly! I can't wait to see pictures of him and your new little family!