Saturday, October 11, 2008

Who Woulda' Thunk It?

Janette taking on a sewing project...not so much! Okay, so occasionally I do like to sew and try new things, but the truth is, I'm too much of a perfectionist and so I usually won't attempt a project on my own. I'm scared that it won't turn out as perfectly as I have envisioned it, and that would lead to frustration and disappointment. So, I usually abandon the idea as quickly as it came...unless mom is nearby. Well, for some reason, I decided that I would take one of the car seats that my sister so lovingly saved for me and give it a new look (she had two gently used seats left over from her twins from seven years ago and mom and dad have been storing them in the basement for me). I took one of the covers apart piece by piece and before I knew it, I was kicking myself thinking I should've left well enough alone. The seat was in really good shape, after all. Anyway, with a little guidance, encouragement and direction from Louise and Rebecca, I got enough confidence and dove in. I have to say, the seat is far from perfect and for some reason, my perfectionist personality is quite okay with it. That's a huge surprise...maybe I'm letting go...this is a good thing. Anyway, here are some pics of the results. I put one of the old car seats next to my new cover so you could have a reference point. Can you even tell which one is the new one? Mom would be so proud!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! I think that is a big deal. Great job and way to "let go".

Jamie Sue said...

Wow, Najette!! I'm totally impressed! It looks great!

AZ Wrights said...

proud of you...good job

Heather C. said...

You did a great job. I'm very impressed. And I am like you, as a perfectionist, I avoid things that I can't do well (or perfect!). Sad but true.

Lukky 7 said...

Yes, Jet, your mother is proud of you! And not just because of your successful sewing project. I sure love you, MOM

Nana said...

I think it looks great ...which ever one it is...I can't tell. Good Job! I can hardly wait. Love ya sis!

Jessica said...

Great job! I finally have a blog so I'm going to be better at checking others! Congrats soon on the baby! You look great!

Click Clan said...

I bet you are so excited for that little one to GET HERE. i remember the last couple of weeks are torture!
Great job on the carseat project. I'm assuming yours is the blue one cuz you are having a boy! LOL

LaDawn

Heather K said...

Way cute.....Looks pretty dang professional to me!

The Gooding Family said...

Wow, is there anything you are not good at?! They look great!

Stephanie said...

Impressive... What a good idea!