I am feeling really loved...a few weeks ago, I had my baby showers. Two were planned (to accommodate both sides of our large family) and one was a complete surprise. Thursday, September 25th, was my last day on the floor at work. They had scheduled me to work in a very low acuity zone...which my feet greatly appreciated. While I was busy in the back of the ED, my co-workers were making preparations in the staff lounge. Needless to say, they were way too good to me. We had a huge potluck and lots and lots of gifts. It made me realize how much I really have come to love some of the people that I have worked with for the past 4 1/2 years. I'll miss them! I just happened to have my camera with me that day because I was headed to Mesa after my shift for a shower the following evening. My sister, niece, and sisters-in-law planned a wonderful shower that was attended by mostly LeSueur relatives. Again, I came away feeling so loved and very blessed. The next morning (Saturday), I hustled home to St. David for another shower at my parent's place. My mother-in-law and Brian's sisters planned a fun shower. There were Mayberry and Stephenson relatives and lots of high school buddies. WOW! Who knew that having a baby was all I had to do for people to love me? Just kidding! They were a wonderful three days and unfortunately, I only have pics of the first two. (Hint to Danae and Mom Skinner if you have pics of the SD shower...please send!) Anyway, Brian and I are very grateful and are anxious to try some of this great stuff out on our little one!

Brian says this is a classic "Janette" face...I clearly thought something was pretty neat!

I don't know if you can tell, but this quilt is actually cross-stitched! It's amazing! A gal from work made it and I can't believe she spent that much time on us!

Just me getting down to business...is it just me or does sitting in front of a room full of people and opening gifts make anyone else feel a little weird? I'm not one that usually suffers from stage fright, but in this circumstance, I can find it a little embarrassing.

This is at the Mesa shower. We were playing a game to see who could guess how many squares of toilet paper it would take to fit around my belly. The answer? 11! Want to know what people guessed? As high as the 30's--um, thanks a lot! Just kidding...it was fun!

My brother-in-law Steve (aka Chef Boyar-Steve) made this darling baby carriage out of this watermelon. What a creative genius! That's what happens to a guy who spends some serious time in bachelorhood! We love Steve!
3 comments:
I love the "Janette face"!! I can't believe somebody cross-stitched that quilt. I cross-stitched something once that was about the size of one of the smaller squares and it took me at least a month. She must be pretty amazing and quick! I totally know what you mean about being embarrassed at your shower. I always feel uncomfortable sitting there, on the hot seat. I feel like people have expectations of me, and I think, "I hope I say than you for each gift, cause I don't want anyone to think that I'm ungrateful." That watermelon looks like something Casey would do. He's definately the creative one in the kitchen. I want to just get in and out as quickly as possible, which is probably why we have mac n cheese so much. :) Anyway, I luv ya, and wish I could've been there to enjoy all the fun!
So sorry I had to miss the St. David shower. We had relatives from Safford in town that day.
You look like you will be set for that little one! Love ya.
I was going to write almost the exact beginning of Jamie Sue's post! So yeah I am glad you got spoiled and will have lots of stuff for the new bambino. That watermelon carving is impressive.
Post a Comment