Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Point of Clarification...

It's true.  I did it.  I signed up for FB.  I'm not in any way eating my words from a while back.  I still believe FB to be a double-edged sword.  But, basically, two things have occurred that have made me take the plunge.  

1)  I've got my too-much-time-on-the-computer syndrome in check.  And truthfully, I'm not really all that interested in FB or spending too much time on it.  I don't see it luring me in like I use to.  Which brings me to my next point...

2)  It dawned on me (after some discussion and what I believe may have even been revelation) that FB would be a great way to spy on my YW!  :)  In all seriousness, I feel like it will help me to know them better.  To see what their challenges are and how I can help.  If I know them better, I can love them more and serve them even better.  This is a VERY good thing.  

So there you have it.  That's my motivation.  Blasted YW whom I love so much!  They've got me into texting and now FBing.  Oh boy...what's next? 

3 comments:

Candace said...

You are such an awesome YW Pres. Your girls are lucky. :)

Heather C. said...

Welcome to the FB world. Wanna be friends ;)

I only check FB when some one messages me or I have a particular need....like, "is my cousin coming to Utah for Thanksgiving" -- you could waste hours there but I choose not to. I waste my time in other ways ;)

Jennifer said...

Ha ha! I have a facebook, even though I kind of hate it. I just decided it was worth the aggravation to keep in touch with people, and you don't have to be friends with someone you don't want to be friends with. You can use only the best aspects of facebook, like sharing pics of your kids with your family, and stay away from dumb stuff like farmville. Its not so bad, you'll see.